Instagram now says it has 800M monthly users and 500M daily active users. That’s an increase of 100M since April. If your business is on Instagram you might want to make sure you have it set up as a business account.
Why change your Instagram to a Business account?
Changing your Instagram into a Business account grants you access to Instagram Business Tools. With a business profile, businesses can give users multiple ways to contact them: call, text or email with a tap of the contact button as well as get directions.
Business profiles also unlock access to insights which will give you a wealth of data about your account.
Insights will help show you which posts performed best, who your customers/fans are, and what time of day your fans are most active on. You can then use this information to create more relevant and timely content.
A business account will also let you use Instagram’s “promote” feature. Which lets you pay to increase the reach of your posts—helping you connect with even more customers.
How Do I Make My Instagram a Business Profile?
To create a Business Profile on Instagram, you’re required to confirm your identity through Facebook as well as connect your Facebook Page to your Business Profile.
- Go to your profile and tap
- Tap Switch to Business Profile.
- Tap Switch to Business Profile and select the Facebook Page you’d like to associate with your Business Profile on Instagram with.
- Make sure your profile is set to Public. Private accounts can’t switch to Business Accounts.
- On the Set Up Your Business Profile page, review your business’s contact information, make any changes and tap Done.
And now you’re all set. You can start gaining lots of insights to improve your Instagram marketing.